Working together to limit the spread of COVID-19
Northern Cemeteries continues to follow the public health advice of the NSW Government to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our families, employees and community.
Visiting the cemetery
- Visitors are allowed to have short visits to a grave to pay their respects and mourn a loved one in a maximum of a group of two.
- Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing must be observed.
- Please check in using the ServiceNSW QR code
- All other COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, including stay at home rules and travelling within and from your LGA, are still in place.
- Attendance at funerals remains capped at a maximum of 10 mourners.
- One person per four square metre rule is in force for all indoor and outdoor settings.
- All latest NSW Health advice is found here.
About Northern Cemeteries
Northern Cemeteries is a not-for-profit organisation that consists of five unique cemetery sites, four located on Sydney’s North Shore and Sandgate Cemetery located in Newcastle. Each location has its own distinct personality, catering to diverse communities with individual cultural, traditional and religious needs.
We provide funeral services including burial and cremation to all members of the community. Everyone that uses our services can enjoy the same level of care, quality and respect from our team.
Australia’s First Peoples
Northern Cemeteries acknowledges the unique status of Australia’s First Peoples as the original people of this land. We recognise their cultures, histories and ongoing relationship and obligations to the land and waterways.