Working together to limit the spread of COVID-19
Northern Cemeteries continues to follow the public health advice of the NSW Government to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our families, employees and community.
Visiting the cemetery
- Attendance limit is uncapped for fully vaccinated people
- Density limits of 1 person per 4 square metres (sqm) for indoor areas and 1 person per 2 sqm outdoors
- People who are not fully vaccinated may only attend a service of 10 mourners maximum
- Visitors are allowed to visit a grave to pay their respects and mourn a loved one. Those who are fully vaccinated can visit in groups of up to 50 as per outdoor regulations, or in a maximum of a group of two for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing must be observed
- Please check in using the ServiceNSW QR code
- All attendees must be able to show proof of double vaccination (or medical exemption). There are two ways to do this:
About Northern Cemeteries
Northern Cemeteries is a not-for-profit organisation that consists of five unique cemetery sites, four located on Sydney’s North Shore and Sandgate Cemetery located in Newcastle. Each location has its own distinct personality, catering to diverse communities with individual cultural, traditional and religious needs.
We provide funeral services including burial and cremation to all members of the community. Everyone that uses our services can enjoy the same level of care, quality and respect from our team.
Australia’s First Peoples
Northern Cemeteries acknowledges the unique status of Australia’s First Peoples as the original people of this land. We recognise their cultures, histories and ongoing relationship and obligations to the land and waterways.