Wednesday, 25 August
This FREE webinar presentation will discuss how you can start important conversations around death and dying, and what helpful support services and resources are available.
August theme: “Role of end of life doulas”
- What is a doula and what do they do?
- How can a doula assist in planning “a good death” and where do I find one
- Encouragement to live fully
- Advocacy in and out of hospital/home/hospice
- Non-medical support, reassurance for needs of client
- Practical work, gathering support people
- Medical backgrounds and nursing care
- Companionship for the dying and family
- Organising circles of influence/ keeping out unwanted energies
- Unfinished business and emotional support
- Declutter physical and mental
- Spiritual and nonspiritual care
- Death care, body washing and home vigil
- Funeral preparation and celebrancy*
*Northern Cemeteries does not endorse nor recommend any particular Funeral Director. We can assist you with an online search to help start you with a list of providers near you.