Working together to limit the spread of COVID-19
Last updated: 1:00pm Monday 18 October 2021
From Monday 18 October, restrictions are easing for those who are fully vaccinated.
Northern Cemeteries continues to follow the public health advice of the NSW Government to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our families, employees and community. All the latest NSW Health advice is found here.
Visiting the cemetery
- Visitors are allowed to have visits to a grave to pay their respects and mourn a loved one. Those who are fully vaccinated can be in groups of up to 50 as per outdoor regulations, or in a maximum of a group of two, for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing must be observed.
- Please check in using the ServiceNSW QR code
How many people can attend a funeral service?
From 18 October, Funeral attendance limits are determined by vaccination status:
- Attendance limit is uncapped for fully vaccinated people. 1 person per 4 sqm will continue to apply in indoor services and 1 person per 2 sqm for outdoor services
- People who are not fully vaccinated may only attend a service of 10 mourners maximum
- All attendees must be able to show proof of double vaccination (or medical exemption). There are two ways to do this:
- Your COVID-19 digital certificate which shows proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Your immunisation history statement which lists your COVID-19 vaccinations other vaccinations.
Our chapel capacities are based on vaccination status and density limits
|Macquarie Park Cemetery|
|Camelia, Palm, Magnolia||100 inside + 30 outside = total 130|
|Lotus Pavilion||30 (20 seated, 10 standing)|
|Rose Chapel||15 inside (no outside)|
|Frenchs Forest Bushland Cemetery|
|Lorikeet Room||17 inside + 8 outside = total 25|
Service NSW QR Code Check In
All people attending a funeral must check in via the Service NSW QR Code before the service commences. The Service NSW app can be downloaded here.
If you are visiting the cemetery, please check in via the Service NSW QR code:
- Macquarie Park Cemetery QR codes are found at key points throughout the cemetery and on the doors of the Administration building.
- Frenchs Forest Bushland Cemetery QR codes are found at the doors of the Administration building.
- Field of Mars Cemetery QR codes are found at the doors of the Administration building.
- Sandgate Cemetery QR codes are located at the cemetery entrance and Administration building.
We offer excellent free webcasting facilities for all those who are unable to attend chapel services.
Burials and Interments
Burials and interments at all Northern Cemeteries sites must adhere to the Funeral Attendance Limits, depending on vaccination status of attendees. The 1 person per 2sqm rule applies for outdoor areas.
The function room capacities for Wallumatta Function Centre at Macquarie Park have increased in line with the easing of restrictions, depending on vaccination status of attendees. The 1 person per 4sqm applies for indoor settings.
What if I feel unwell?
If you are feeling unwell, or have flu-like symptoms, for your safety; your loved ones and the broader community, please get a COVID test immediately and self isolate until you receive a negative result and no longer have symptoms.
Travelling from Overseas
Anyone who has returned from overseas must complete the mandatory 14 days in self-isolation. If self-isolation has not been completed for 14 days, the person cannot attend a Northern Cemeteries site.
Masks must be worn by everyone attending indoor funeral services at our sites.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more details on our COVID-19 measures