Work with Us
Working with us
At Northern Cemeteries, our employees are able to access a range of benefits. These include:
- Competitive packages /competitive hourly rates
- Corporate uniform provided
- Reward and recognition (Thumbs up program)
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Work/Life Balance
- Collaborative and supportive working environment
- Salary Sacrifice Super
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free onsite parking
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
The Application Process
At Northern Cemeteries, transparency is central. After you submit an application, you’ll receive an email acknowledgment that your resume has landed in our inbox. Our Human Resources Department will then review your application and will then either e-mail you or call you with more information. Throughout the application process, we’ll maintain communication with you.
At Northern Cemeteries we apply best practice assessment and selection methods which vary depending on the role you apply for. Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol test. At times we work with specialist recruitment agencies to find the right people. If you’ve submitted an application through a recruitment agency we’ll generally make contact with the agency directly. Northern Cemeteries does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies.
Sales and Operations Manager
As the Sales and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the full site management of family, supplier and community relationships and grounds and burial operations at our Frenchs Forest Bushland Cemetery (FFBC).
Working in consultation with Northern Cemeteries' Head Office team, as the Sales and Operations Manager for FFBC you will:
- Support, coach and direct our family consultant/customer care team to support families in need, identifying memorialisation services available to them at FFBC.
- Support coach and direct our family consultant / customer care team to address customer queries, funeral director bookings and legislative correspondence necessary for FFBC to deliver excellence in customer service and meet all cemetery governance requirements.
- Monitor and administer operational expenditure against budgets and sales activity against goals.
- Contribute to strategic and operational plans to support FFBC's growth.
- Champion industry-specific, legal, and regulatory compliance ensuring adherence within all FFBC processes.
- Engage with funeral directors and community stakeholders to promote FFBC offerings and services.
- Monitor external contractors visiting site and ensure Work, Health and Safety practices are adhered to.
- Support coach and direct our burial and grounds team through their supervisor, supporting excellence in grounds care, burial services and work health and safety adherence.
- Identify and implement staff rosters, staff development and training and promote a culture of collaborative performance excellence.
- Drive and facilitate the Northern Cemeteries workplace vision, mission, and culture within the entire FFBC team.