Northern Cemeteries is a not-for-profit organisation with five unique cemetery sites, four located on Sydney’s North Shore and Sandgate Cemetery located in Newcastle. Each location has its own distinct personality catering to diverse communities with individual cultural, traditional and religious needs.
A not-for-profit organisation, the Northern Cemeteries team is passionate about providing excellence in customer service and customer experiences across each location. From family consultants and chapel commissionaires, to burial, cremation and horticultural teams, we ensure a thoughtful and considered experience. Our vision is to ensure that everyone in the community has access to respectful, dignified services and memorialisation.
Our Sydney cemeteries and Newcastle cemetery provide funeral services including burial and cremation to all members of the community. Everyone that uses our services can enjoy the same level of care, quality and respect from each of our cemeteries across the state.
To ensure the effective ongoing operations of Northern Cemeteries, our organisation is governed by a ministerially appointed Administrator.
On 28 May 2021 The Hon Melinda Pavey MP, Minister for Water, Property and Housing, gazetted the appointment of Ms Lee Shearer as the Administrator of the following Statutory Land Managers:
- Northern Metropolitan Cemeteries Crown Land Manager
- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Crown Land Manager
- Rookwood General Cemeteries Crown Land Manager
- Rookwood Necropolis Crown Land Manager
The Administrator has been appointed in a governance function in place of a Board for a term of one year. Please be assured that Northern Cemeteries is not in financial administration.
For more information about our corporate governance, please contact us.
Ensuring that everyone in the community has access to respectful dignified services and memorialisation.
1. We excel in caring always
- We understand, honour and respect the nature of our service to families and community.
- We respect diversity in values, customs and beliefs.
- Every day, we strive to ‘be our best’ when caring for families and community.
- We recognise, at all times, our role as ambassadors for Northern Cemeteries.
- Our leaders accept responsibility for ensuring excellence in the care we provide.
2. We strive to achieve
- We recognise the importance of our work and that others are relying on us. We accept responsibility at all times, working diligently to achieve what’s expected of us.
- We accept responsibility for effectively and efficiently utilising the resources entrusted to us.
- We are committed to working in a manner that supports our own and others safety.
- We continually look for opportunities to improve what we do and how we do it.
- Our leaders manage others in a manner that facilitates a culture of achievement.
3. We work together as a team
- We acknowledge that every member of the team has value and adds value.
- We trust others and act in a way that reinforces the trust others have in us.
- We are committed to collaborating constructively as we care for families and community.
- At all times, we act in a manner that demonstrates our respect and support for one another.
- Our leaders lead by example during individual and team interactions.
Annual Report 2020 / 2021
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.