About Northern Cemeteries
Northern Cemeteries is a not-for-profit organisation with five unique cemetery sites, four located on Sydney’s North Shore and Sandgate Cemetery located in Newcastle. Each location has its own distinct personality catering to diverse communities with individual cultural, traditional and religious needs.
A not-for-profit organisation, the Northern Cemeteries team is passionate about providing excellence in customer service and customer experiences across each location. From family consultants and chapel commissionaires, to burial, cremation and horticultural teams, we ensure a thoughtful and considered experience. Our vision is to ensure that everyone in the community has access to respectful, dignified services and memorialisation.
Our Sydney cemeteries and Newcastle cemetery provide funeral services including burial and cremation to all members of the community. Everyone that uses our services can enjoy the same level of care, quality and respect from each of our cemeteries across the state.
To ensure the effective ongoing operations of Northern Cemeteries, our organisation is governed by a ministerially appointed Administrator.
About the Office of OneCrown Cemeteries
Northern Cemeteries is a part of the Office of OneCrown Cemeteries – a Government initiative entrusted to bring together Northern Cemeteries, Rookwood General Cemetery, Rookwood Necropolis Land Manager and Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries NSW, while the NSW Government determines the final operating model for the Crown cemetery sector.
On the 28th of May 2021, Ms Lee Shearer was appointed by The Hon Melinda Pavey, MP, Minster for Lands and Water, as Administrator of the statutory land managers in a governance function for a term of one year, ending on the 27th of May 2022.
This appointment has now been extended by The Hon Kevin Anderson for a further 12 months and Ms Lee Shearer will continue this governance function in place of a Board, up until the 27th May 2023.
Please be assured that Northern Cemeteries is not in financial administration. The administrator is appointed under the Crown Land Management Act 2016 to act as a ‘one person Board’ and ensure ongoing governance of the Crown land managers.
For more information about our corporate governance, please contact us.
- We show empathy for others, especially at the worst time of their lives
- We provide emotional support for each other
- We have the courage to speak up when something is wrong because we care about the outcome
- We actively listen and give others our attention
- We respect the work and opinion of everyone
- We go the extra mile to meet specific cultural needs and differences
- We communicate with each other clearly, transparently and honestly
- We collaborate cross functionally to solve problems
- When something needs to be done, we go out of our way to help each other
- We take pride in what we do
- We attend to tasks with our full attention and follow through on our commitments
- We go above and beyond to achieve the best outcomes for the community
Annual Report 2020 / 2021
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.